Re: Opinions on Infinity Amps

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Fri Jul 02 2004 - 00:16:36 EDT

brett4hand@hotmail.com wrote:

> Hey gang,
> I'm considering buying a 4 channel amp. This one Infinity is rated at about
> 112 watts per channel on a 4 ohm load. Not their high end unit (about 300
> bucks), I think it's the "S" line? I'd really like an amp that I could bridge
> the rear into mono for a sub, and run the fronts with a crossover at about 250
> hz and up. Just need some opinions or alternatives. Current setup is a Sony
> CDX-MP30 with Alpine 6.5's in the doors, and a Cerwin Vega! 12" sub. Keep in
> mind that I'm a cheap SOB. :)
>
> Brett Forehand
> '94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto

Infinity makes nice stuff. I wouldn't try and bridge a 4 channel amp
into a sub amp though, that just seems like too much work. Do it with a
2 channel amp or a cladd D mono sub amp. I picked up a Kenwood
KAC-8151D (1000x1 @ 2ohm) for about $350 and it's a trooper. I've been
running it at 1ohm since day one and let me tell you it MOVES that
woofer cone. I've hever heard a 10" sub hit this hard. ;-)

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L