Re: Re: Tach dropped to 0----kinda long but please read

From: brett4hand@hotmail.com
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 00:16:28 EDT

In article <006101c46087$eb7b6300$16002341@a.tampabay.rr.com>,
acellan1@tampabay.rr.com ("Tony Cellana") writes:

> The Gen II issue you noted does NOT apply to the Gen III.
>
> If you have an MSD (or similar) wire around it to verify it is not the
> problem.
>
> You did the coil already, which is the second thing to eliminate.
>
> Remove and reconnect the PCM wiring connecters.
>
> How old is the battery? This is sometimes the symptom of a borderline
> battery.
>
> TonyC

I've also had a bad coil that was brand new, just out of the box. I'd test it
just to rule it out. TonyC and I have kind of "been there, done that" on this
problem. Also check your coil harness and make sure the wiring is good. After
replacing just about every part in the link on my GenII, that's where the
mystery problem was coming from.

Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota Sport CC 5.2 Auto