Re: Tach dropped to 0----kinda long but please read

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 01:07:58 EDT

On Fri, 02 Jul 2004 18:02:13 -0400, spook wrote:

> Thanks to those who've helped me so far. You all have good thoughts.

I would think this has been suggested, but if you're still using the
OEM battery, it would be a good idea to replace it. Or at least swap in a
known good battery to check things out. Particularly the rough initial
startup is a common symptom of a battery going south. A drop in voltage
overnight can erase the PCM's adaptives, causing the rough startup.