Re: RE: Heater Core

From: Eric Huff (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 23:32:27 EDT

> Nope...no way to get [the heater core]
> out without removing the A/C lines.

That does suck.

If you are worried about the environment, i think many shops will
evac for free since they get to keep the refrigerant.

Charging it back up yourself isn't too bad, either. I just did a
Sanden conversion on my valiant. I could fill in some details if
you want, but the sketchiest part is pumping down, which you might
get the shop to do pretty cheap.

But this is only if you actually feel like getting into AC work
yourself. I don't know what it costs just for a pump and fill job.

eric

--
1974 Valiant 4-door, 318
1999 Dakota Ext Cab, 2WD