Re: Re: Suspension questions

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 17:51:54 EDT

""Rick Barnes"" <barnesrv@comcast.net> wrote in message

> I am thinking of trying some ceramic pads, though I have heard some say
they
> had problems with them.
>
> Rascal

I think the main gripe with the ceramics has been that they crack because
they don't dissapate heat very well. I'd venture to guess that if you were
pretty "normal" on your brake usage you'd be okay. However, I wouldn't want
to tow a trailer with them after hearing Andy's dad's story. FWIW, I used
to run them on the Bonneville I had for a winter beater, and they worked
great.

As always, YMMV.

--
- Josh