Re: Re: Tach dropped to 0

From: spook (richardfiser@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 18:36:06 EDT

Subject: DML: Re: Re: Tach dropped to 0----kinda long but please read

"spook" <richardfiser@mchsi.com> wrote in message

>> Just got it back from the Mopar shop. After almost $500.00 in exchanged
>> parts, it turned out to be the crank sensor. Thanks to all who helped.
>>
>> --

IIRC, a crank sensor should have set a code. It's a major player in the
ignition system. What parts did the dealer swap out for you to try and
find it? - -- - - Josh

Spook answered:

Made the mistake of letting Goodyear work on it as it died right in
front of the place. They replaced the coil pickup to the tune of
$210.00. I had replaced the coil earlier when it started doing the shut
down thing.
Then took it to the Mopar shop and they got the code and replaced the
crank sensor. End of problem.