Re: Suspenion questions

From: Slartibartfast (bahearn@ev1.net)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 21:29:06 EDT

Thanks for the replies. Even the tangential brake thread was helpful.

I'm towing a Nissan Sentra SE-R (SCCA ITA) car. I guess full-up weight for
car/trailer would be about 5,000 pounds. Even with the car way back on the
trailer, the truck sags. Them Dodge guys ruined a good truck by trying to
make a car out of it. That's why I was asking about the R/T pieces, the
truck is just too soft. I saw load-distributing hitches when I was shopping
for a receiver hitch; I guess I'll have to go that route.

As for brakes, I am a firm believer in solid friction surfaces. Rotors are
indeed warped. Badly. I know of Hawk and EBC, maybe Carbo Tech has
something, too. I bet even low-temp stock pads will probably work fine if
bedded properly (not like manual says!).

Bruce in Houston soon to be needing ball joints. Come on recall!