Re: Transwork Update

From: James (sixpack_dak@rogers.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 22:01:16 EDT

Well what *should* be done and what DC warranty will actually pay for are
two completely different things. I used to work for a Chrysler dealer and
was just amazed at what warranty wouldn't pay for. Example: 2003 Dakota
comes in with rear diff noise, we pull it apart to find that the carrier
bearings are toast. Warranty will only pay for the carrier bearings though.
They would not pay for the pinion bearings, axle bearings or the labour to
tear the rear down to completely clean all the bearing debris out of the
front of the housing. I will guarantee that truck will be back with more
diff problems in the future. The truck only had about 7k miles on it at the
time.

Just makes you wonder.