Netiquette (was: My tire Solution...)

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 08:04:32 EDT

andy levy wrote:

> Your post makes as much sense as my brother proclaiming from the
> backseat of the Caravan "but I still need help making it" (that was the
> entire statement) after 5 minutes of silence. When he was 9 years old.

THIS coming from someone who recently posted to the offtopic list:
"It's the first DWIM computer interface I've ever seen "

I'm almost afraid to ask what DWIM stands for (because it's probably
something I should already know, and I'm going to end up feeling silly).

Seriously, I'll second what you said about replies. Especially the part
about starting a new topic with a new message. Don't hit reply to some
random post, edit the subject and body and expect it to be treated as a
new topic. The "in-response-to" headers stay in tact and any threaded
view will show the new message under the old thread. If you don't use a
threaded e-mail reader you may not care, but it plays havoc with the