Re: Netiquette

From: Eric Hufstedler (mopar@ehuffy.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 12:18:18 EDT

>> Seriously, I'll second what you said about replies. Especially the part
>> about starting a new topic with a new message. Don't hit reply to some
>> random post, edit the subject and body and expect it to be treated as a
>> new topic. The "in-response-to" headers stay in tact and any threaded
>> view will show the new message under the old thread. If you don't use a
>> threaded e-mail reader you may not care, but it plays havoc with the
>
> F's up the newsgroup view too.

And for anybody using a good email client. I always read mail threaded,
and hijacking a thread is very annoying.

It also makes a post more likely to get ignored: If i happen to not be
interested in a thread, i'll just delete the entire thread, not even
knowing that i deleted other hijacked threads.

eric