Re: Picked up the truck...

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@aol.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 10:36:37 EDT

Josh Battles wrote:
> They did the work, believe me. It was in for a blown trans at the time and
> wasn't driveable, and it was when they were done. The converter has the
> reman stamp on it (can be seen in the first pic I posted) so I don't think
> they're selling stuff and not doing it.
>
> The issue here is the vandalization of the parts. I'm not terribly happy
> about that, but it's a relatively minor inconvienence by comparison. know
> what I mean?

Now - as many of you may recall hearing me rant time and time again
about having been screwed over in the past by service shops - keep in
mind I am NOT advocating what the guy did to Josh's TQ Conv.

However I DO find it funny in a certain respect. Just think of how many
TQ Conv's there are driving around with stuff on them that guy wrote to
be silly. When I originally installed my cab clearance lights on
Christine (2002) - I wrote on the underside of the cab roof "Jimmy Hoffa
isn't here - what the "fhawk" did you expect to find?!" - only visible
if you are sittin in the drivers seat and happen to look up at the
"ceiling". I reinstalled the headliner. Come last year - I pulled the
headliner to work on the interior, saw what I wrote - and busted up
laughing because I had forgotten I did that.

Granted - that was ME doing that to MY personal vehicle. Not someone
else's. I know I would react the same way Josh did upon seeing the TQ
Conv. But the twisted side of me has to laugh at it :D - Mondays DO
suck hehehe

***** Countdown to 2004 DML BBQ *ONLY* *SEVEN* Days Left! *****

Terrible Tom -- AIM & Yahoo Name: SilverEightynine http://members.aol.com/silvereightynine/