Re: Speakers in the 00' Dakota Quad Cab

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Jul 13 2004 - 14:08:51 EDT

"""A Friend""" <dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm looking to upgrade to a newer CD reciever,and at
> the same time,changing out the 4 "in the side door"
> speakers...
>
> How hard is it for a guy like me(or me) to change them
> out,and what size are they?
>
> Digger

I can't say what size the rear doors are, but I'd be willing to bet that
they're 6.5" or 6.75" just like the front doors. The head unit isn't bad to
do, you just pull the dash bezel and it's two screws to get the radio out.
IIRC, there are 4 or 6 screws in the doorpanels and then you just lift and
pull. They come right out easy. The speakers are held in place by 3
screws.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L