Not so nice river run, actual question at the end-kinda long

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 10:08:34 EDT

Well, made a run to the river yesterday, right before we got pounded byt
that "V" storm[ from Decatur to Marshall(IL) back up to Indy(IN)].

Muddy was fine and dandy, but the usual fun water run was higher than
expected, but I went in anyway, just a creeping, sputter, chug, chug, chug,
sputter... Im through it. whilest in the water I did haappen to notice that
my fingers got wet hanging over the side of my door.. I think I took a
little water in the really deep spot but she burned through it the best
should could and was running well a few secs later. Then it was back to the
mud.

I for sure know a "snorkel" is in the future of this truck once I can begin
the work I want to do on it, and I wont be running my exhaust the way Tom
Buban did. It looks like semi stacks up the back by the window through the
bed setup. I think also that my vetns for the driveshafts will be vented
much higher then what they are now.... Seems I had a little foamy action
going on in both drive shafts when I opened them up, time for a fluid
change. Everything else was good.

Welp off to do an oil change and check my tranny out, sure wish I could make
it toa BBQ soon...

Quest:

How and where is the best relocation spot, for moving the CAI until I get a
"switchable" snorkel setup on my DAK completed(styled like the Military
hummers)? I may not run a switchable snorkel, as it should breathe fine
through the snorkel at all times shouldnt it? Im certain I will be coming
off the Passenger side of the truck, not sure on my materials yet, might be
aluminum. It will angle out along the door edge, since its already a blind
spot and just forward enough to allow the door to open properly. Of course
it will be color matched to the truck.

Open to any suggestions on this as I only want to do it once.

Bill Day
billday@consolidated.net
http://users.consolidated.net/billday/

A rich man isn't always wealthy, he just has all the love he wants and can
give..

AIM - BadManD73 (Catch me if you can!)
'95 Ext Cab 3.9L Mag 4x4 Flame Red 3.55 LSD turning 30x9.50x15's

---