Re: Not so nice river run, actual question at the end-kinda long

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 10:21:04 EDT

""Bill Day"" <billday@consolidated.net> wrote in message

> Well, made a run to the river yesterday, right before we got pounded byt
> that "V" storm[ from Decatur to Marshall(IL) back up to Indy(IN)].

Where do you live in Marshall? My parents just moved down there, they're
off of old 40 and 1 I think. They're by some golf course if that makes any
difference.

> I for sure know a "snorkel" is in the future of this truck once I can
begin
> the work I want to do on it, and I wont be running my exhaust the way Tom
> Buban did. It looks like semi stacks up the back by the window through
the
> bed setup. I think also that my vetns for the driveshafts will be vented
> much higher then what they are now.... Seems I had a little foamy action
> going on in both drive shafts when I opened them up, time for a fluid
> change. Everything else was good.

Why stacks? IMO, you'd be fine running your exhaust through the side of the
bed if that's what you wanted. The pressure of the exhaust coming out
should keep the water out of your way.

> Welp off to do an oil change and check my tranny out, sure wish I could
make
> it toa BBQ soon...

Drop Barry an email, he's hopefully going to be coming up next tuesday to
meet up with myself and Terrible Tom for a convoy. You can come this year!

> How and where is the best relocation spot, for moving the CAI until I get
> "switchable" snorkel setup on my DAK completed(styled like the Military
> hummers)? I may not run a switchable snorkel, as it should breathe fine
> through the snorkel at all times shouldnt it? Im certain I will be coming
> off the Passenger side of the truck, not sure on my materials yet, might
be
> aluminum. It will angle out along the door edge, since its already a
blind
> spot and just forward enough to allow the door to open properly. Of
course
> it will be color matched to the truck.

Yep, you should be fine running it through the snorkel all the time. I've
got a friend who has a Jeep that does his that way all year long, no issues
whatsoever.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L