Re: I can't find my nuts...

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 11:48:56 EDT

"Pindell, Timothy"" <TPindell@otterbein.edu> wrote in message

> Ball joint nuts that is. I'm replacing the springs on my '89. I replaced
one
> ball joint that was a little loose and I beat up the nut on the other side
> severely during removal to the point that it's unusable. The misc.
hardware
> kit that came with the new joint was wrong, but I only discovered that
after
> I pressed in the joint. I figured that they are just regular nuts that I
> could get in any decent hardware store. Nope. I think they are 18mm
which
> is fine, but my thread guage says that its 1.5 thread pitch. That's
> non-standard. I went to a local fastener warehouse and they were baffled.
> Do I need to buy 2 balljoints just to get the stupid nuts? Would a dealer
> have these? I'm thinking 'boneyard' now, but I'd rather have new
hardware.

> Glad to have a backup Dak for times like these.
>
> Tim

I'm sure you'd be able to buy some new nuts from the dealer, just be
prepared to trade an arm or leg for them.
You could check ebay, they sell EVERYTHING on there.

Seriously though, they sell just about everything as a seperate part from
the dealer so I'm sure they'd have what you're looking for if you can't get
it at a local hardware shop. You could also try the parts store you bought
the joints from. They might be able to help you if you show them that they
wrong parts were included with the joints. It must be nice to have
replaceable joints, mine are rivited on and took me about 30 minutes with an
air hammer to remove.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L