I can't find my nuts...

From: Pindell, Timothy (TPindell@otterbein.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 14 2004 - 11:17:45 EDT

Ball joint nuts that is. I'm replacing the springs on my '89. I replaced one
ball joint that was a little loose and I beat up the nut on the other side
severely during removal to the point that it's unusable. The misc. hardware
kit that came with the new joint was wrong, but I only discovered that after
I pressed in the joint. I figured that they are just regular nuts that I
could get in any decent hardware store. Nope. I think they are 18mm which
is fine, but my thread guage says that its 1.5 thread pitch. That's
non-standard. I went to a local fastener warehouse and they were baffled.
Do I need to buy 2 balljoints just to get the stupid nuts? Would a dealer
have these? I'm thinking 'boneyard' now, but I'd rather have new hardware.

Glad to have a backup Dak for times like these.

Tim