Re: BBQ getting closer

From: Norah Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 09:10:00 EDT

Michael Maskalans wrote:

> My Jack Astor's closed!!!!
>
> now it's Flour City Brewing, or something like that. I haven't tried
> it yet, and might not. I'm bitter that they dare tread on the same
> ground that had been my favorite chainish eats in Rochester.
>
> though now that I look, there is one closer than Buffalo that I'd
> forgotten about.... oddly they haven't taken the rochester location
> off their locator, but it's info pages are blank. heh.

Bummer Mike. I never knew Jack Astor's was Canadian until I looked at
their website. I'm starting to see a trend of Canadian things migrating
south now... weird. First of course, was hockey... but then we had a
long period of nothing else migrating... then south went some beer to go
with watching the hockey... then another long lull..... and then bamn...
we hit you with Tim Horton's, Swiss Chalet and Jack Astor's... cause you
need a good meal to go with the beer and the hockey... but by morning..
you'll need the Tim Horton's after an evening of beer guzzling and
screaming at a bunch of guys in colored outfits chasing a little black
rubber thing with sticks of wood and blades on their shoes :-)

Personally I believe the Tim Horton's thing was in retaliation of the
Starbuck's invasion up here. And I have to admit... I'd much rather
have a Starbuck's than a Timmy's... it's just the price is a bit
steep... well... um... not if you're just gonna have a regular coffee...
but I don't know many people that can go into Starbuck's and not order
some funky yuppie coffee. I myself, order the Mocha Valencia Vente,
which floored Jason the last time we were in there... He says: "How is
it you can order stuff that isn't even on the menu and they can make it
for you?" I answer: "Ahhhh Grasshopper... the true follower of the
coffee bean knows the answer before the question is asked.."

Ok... I think I need some more coffee... my brain has just entered the
Twilight Zone and I need to get back to reality now :-)

ttyl, and see you soon

--
Norah Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Burlington, Ontario
hers: '01 Dakota Sport 4x4, 4.7 V8, Auto, Quad Cab, black (Black Diamond)

MSN = black_dak_98@hotmail.com Yahoo = drazaelbn AIM = black98dak ICQ = 105346330