OD Issue - Bob Tom

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (fasstdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 08:45:25 EDT

Bob,

I did some research on the OD function and there is no OD Engage/Disengage
function in the PCM (myth). It's controlled via speed, throttle position,
load, and the switch on the shift lever. Lockup can occur even when the
switch is disengaged (locks up the converter in 3rd rather). All the switch
does is disable 4th/overdrive gear (5th in the 45/545RFE transmission).

My bet, since it's random...is that you have a bad switch or solenoid
(OD/Clutch solenoid pack). I dbl-checked without shop foreman on this and
he agrees on this as well.

- Bernd