Re: Re: Looking for highly tech. info. about OD

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 07:23:42 EDT

At 10:09 PM 7/14/04, you wrote:
>I've never run into this on my Gen III autos. My former 98 Avenger would
>override the gear selector and OD switch on an over rev.

Someone did mention to me about high rpm but the truck does exceed
that ~5300 on the shift and when it does run clean.

>I've had a similar issue with my lockup converter. Around the 1000' mark it
>would lockup the converter while I had it in 3rd and OD off. With the Viper
>unit I have the clutches apply a ton harder, and it would drag the rpms
>down. Juice it and I barely feel it. TonyC

I thought that it might be just converter related too but when it occurs the OD
light in the dash goes off. After the revs drop to 4000, it just pretty well
stays there right up to the finish line :-(

I've got 2 points races this coming weekend. Even if I can't find any info.,
I'm going to try interrupting the wire from the switch to the computer
and see what happens. I just haven't come across anything that hints
at the MP PCM overriding the OD switch.

Thanks for sending in your experiences.

Bob