Re: Getting back To A Dynomax...

From: david.clement@verizon.net
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 16:01:55 EDT

I have always been very happy with the Dynomax Super Turbo and they always rate
very well compared to other mufflers. I do not think you will be un happy if
you go that route again.

On my 99 v6 Dakota I went with a Flowmaster Force cat back system because you
couldn't beat the price from Jeg's. At the time it was $150 now it's $170, at
the time that was $50 less than a comparable Dynomax system with a super turbo.

The Flowmaster system came with a 3 chamber 50 series SUV muffler (larger case
than the standard 50 series) and a 3" manderal bent tailpipe. The muffler was
the same length as the stock muffler, they sized the inlet to match the
intermediate pipe from the cat and the hangers fit the stock mounts. All in all
it took less than an hour to R&R the system.

It has the distinctive Flowmaster sound but it is not loud and there is no
interior resonance. There was very little performance improvement from idle to
2500 rpm but from there up it made a noticable difference. All in all I am
satisfied.

Dave Clement
99 SLT+ CC 4x4