Re: Re: Re: Looking for highly tech. info. about OD

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Thu Jul 15 2004 - 23:07:50 EDT

At 07:00 PM 7/15/04, you wrote:
> Bob, is that the '96 PCM you're using at the track? If so, I
>wonder if that might be playing into it at all? Have you tried
>any runs with the stock computer? -Jon-

Yep. That thought crossed my mind as well. I haven't run
with the stock computer as yet.

I compared the pinouts between the 96 and 97 and, as far as
anything related to the tranny, they are the same. I'm not
sure if it's just a coincidence but the problem began after
(quite a bit after) I went to 4.56 gears. Reminds me if my
wot shift problem was a coincidence after I had the Transgo
kit put in :-P

I put in a new output shaft speed sensor yesterday ... inexpensive
enough to give it a try. I was hoping to see metal filings the size
of Mt. Everest on its tip but, alas, I really had to look hard to see
the filings that were there :-P This sensor has been known to
become flakey and cause a number of unusual transmission problems.
I guess I'll find out on Sat.

Bob