Re: New guy

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 16:32:42 EDT

werlax@hotmail.com said:

> I don't think my (currently) stock Dak is up
> to some of those challenges. :)

Hey, my '95 is stock except for an extra set of Swamper tires, and I've
never had any problem. I did manage to bury the Swampers once in the
(heavier) '98 Dak, though. Even so, they were better than the stock
tires. Trust me. I know this from experience :-).

The only mod I really prefer to see are tow points front and rear (a
receiver hitch counts). Those aren't as critical as they used to be,
though. Jon figured out how to use some tow truck equipment to extract
vehicles without real tow points, but it's kind of a hassle to hook up
(especially if you actually happen to be in mud when you get stuck, which
is usually the case). Plus, that method doesn't guarantee the safety of
any low-hanging parts of the vehicle body.

Beyond tow points, modify as your budget and imagination dictate. I think
other people have mentioned mud tires (or at least good all terrains),
that's usually the best place to start.