BBQ Webcam is up

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 20:56:55 EDT

   Just wanted to post a quick FYI for anyone who might be
interested. The DML BBQ webcam is up and running, and I expect
it will remain on, up to and through the event, just in case
someone is really bored and wants to see how much of the shop
I have managed to clean up, per hour. ;-) I figured I'd take
some time to get it set up, especially since it may evolve into
the "watch Mike go completely bonkers" cam before long ;-)

   Probably a good thing I decided to tackle this today since my
computer had crashed pretty hard since the last time I used it,
and I needed to re-install quite a few drivers and support programs
to get it back up and running.

  Leading up to the BBQ, you can expect fuzzy pics, static, and
other annoyances as I move the cameras around and try to get ready.
I plan to leave the webcam on, as long as there is something
potentially interesting to look at, which is basically when
someone is working in there, otherwise the lights are off
and the only thing you can see is a lot of black. :-) The
web site will also have the last 3 hours worth of images
archived (or at least, the 3 hours prior to when the camera
was turned off.)

  Anyway, just wanted to mention that, in case anyone missed it.
A prominent link to the webcam page can be found on the DML Home
Page (http://www.dakota-truck.net)

   Enjoy! (or don't) ;-)

   BTW, its raining AGAIN. The weather forecast shows lots
more rain leading up to the BBQ, with some partly cloudy weather
towards the weekend. Currently, Friday is listed as isolated
t-storms; I'm hoping the good weather reaches us a bit early so
both days can be nice. Whatever the weather for the actual event
though, it sure isn't going to get an opportunity to dry out,
so I hope everyone brought their mud tires! ;-)

--
                                          -Jon-

.-- Jon Steiger ---- jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com --. | 1970 Barracuda - 1990 Dakota 'vert - 1992 Ram 4x4 - 1996 Dakota | | 1996 Intruder 1400 - 1996 Kolb FireFly - 2001 Ram QC 3500 CTD | `------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com --'