RE: RE: Re: Re: Magnum V10

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 10:16:34 EDT

The viper engine will fit in a Ram as a cast iron v-10 was an option on
Rams. I've seen several Rams with viper engines (before the SRT-10) Don't
know if the motor mounts are the same though. Also, you would need either
the viper manual trans or a custom adapter to use an automatic. I don't
think there's enough room in a Dakota without major surgery....how much
money do you have... :-) Also, the cast iron v-10 wouldn't be worth the
trouble in either truck. You'll get much more performance (and less weight)
with a blown v-8 for a lot less money.

What are you hoping to achieve anyway? If it's the WOW factor, I can
understand. If it's just performance, pick your v-8. You can get a 318
into the 13's, a 360 into the 12's and a 408 into the 11's. Add a blower
or nitrous and you can go a second quicker with any of them. Or you could
easily drop a big block wedge in there with a Schumacher kit.

RayB