Re: Re: RE: Dead Dak - Help please!

From: Bill Day (billday@consolidated.net)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 20:49:32 EDT

A good Ohm meter should bea be to connect the postive to the frame and see
if there is a very high continuity which would indicate that the is a server
short someplace that requires attention. The worst I have heard of GenII
and GenIII starters is replacing the contacts in the bottom of them(typical
of water off roaders).
Other than that a dead cell or terribly manufactured battery could be the
culprit, Wal-Mars EverStarts are notoriuos for this, I hate the fact hat
I'm about to suggest "Autozone" for a battery, but their 8 year Duralast
Gold is the most awesome battery I have every used. This thing cranked over
last winter, after 11 hours of music being played off it at a bonfire, like
there was a full charge.

Hope you find your problem and good luck.

Bill Day