RE: Re: Mileage improvement!

From: Valentin Garcia (valentingar@msn.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 00:02:29 EDT

"Valentin Garcia"" <valentingar@msn.com> wrote in message

Just wanted to give you all an update on my new airhat and how it was
performing.

It's Great!

I'm getting about 25 - 30 more miles per tankful and I haven't changed my
driving style. I'm using regular (87 oct) fuel and she's running
beautifully. I still think I need more power on take off though, she still a
bit sluggish. I'm gonna replace my plugs and wires, get a brass cap and
rotor, and new t-stat. Is Muscle Trucks still in operation?

I just hit the 25,500 mile mark. Any recomendations as far as maintenance
goes or should I just follow the book?

>Sweet! How much did you have to modify that airhat to get it to fit on a
>stock TB? When I looked at it, it looked like it would take a decent
>amount
>of work because the airhorns are in the way.
>
>Yes, AFAIK Chad is still running muscletrucks.
>
>--
>- Josh
>Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L
>www.geocities.com/lenny187/dakota.html
>www.omg-stfu.com

As far as modifications go, I basically had to trim the divider plate a
little. I used a razor blade from a box cutter. I chip here and a bite
there. I did NOT use an "S" bolt (I'm worried that it will break because it
will be weakened by the bending), so I kept the bracket & stud from the
original Airhat (the bracket was pounded flat to eliminate the upward
curvature). There is a piece that sticks up about half an inch to an inch on
the TB that was in my way so I just hacksawed that bugger right off. I
believe it was used to keep the original airhat from rotating. Just take
your time and measure then measure again. Do one side of the airhat then the
other. Good Luck!

Val Garcia
Houston TX
2K2 SXT RegCab 3.9L V6