Re: New Stereo and speakers are in fairly happy...

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 00:27:39 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bill Day" <billday@consolidated.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 20, 2004 7:38 PM
Subject: DML: Re: Re: New Stereo and speakers are in fairly happy...

> That's not it.. I just wanted to get something that would be just right
and
> of course nothing was even close.
>
> The rattling isnt that bad, but is due more to people banging around in
the
> backseat when i hit some nasty stuff, ruts etc...
>
> I guess I really need to get some new rear panels, or rebuild the screw
> holes or something.
>
> Anyway, I have found that turning the "loud" off sure makes a difference
in
> the system in the distortion of the speakers which are rated to 180
watts.
> The head usint is awesome, though I can't figure out how to change the
> backlit display color(a featuer of the unti according to avertising).

When you turn on the loudness setting.. You usually will have more
distortion; but most of the newer stereos have got very good figures either
way. (excluding the el Cheapos from Wally World.. Those can range from
2-20% THD depending on the model.. explains how you can get head unit &
speakers for $40-50.. Makes Sparkomatic & Kraco look good by comparison)

> Anyway its kinda kewl to have 157 songs(more room still available on the
cd)
> on one disc. Can make a hell of a kewl rocking disc between some favorite
> country and some of the rock I listened to in high school.

We end up with closer to 200 tracks.. everything from Classical, rock,
country, comedy and even some stray misc .wav files.

> I will prolly make some putty stuff up to kind replace the screw hole that
> have broke ou but give the silly putty a trial run to help keep the excess
> rattling down, thanks for the tip.

Try mixing up JB weld.. or some plumbers epoxy.. either will give the screws
plenty to bite into.