Re: Fuel Gauge Problems

From: Joe Levy (JRLevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Jul 24 2004 - 11:14:16 EDT

I had that problem with my 2000 Durango last summer. Parked in Yosemite
all day. Temp in the 90's. Went to leave, gauge showed empty. No sign of
leak. As we drove back to the campsite, fuel level slowly rose; DTE went
up too. 15 minutes after we parked at the campsite, level was back to
normal.
It happened again (numerous times) on the way from Yosemite down to LA
and again from LA to Phoenix; all of it was at high ambient temps. No
recurrence after temps dropped to 80's and lower. I didn't do anything,
but have had no problems since.
All I can figure is an electrical glitch of some sort (voltage is
inverse to fuel level, so some circuit closed at high temps).

Joe