Re: Seat Swapping Between Generations

From: Orange383 (orange383@comcast.net)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 18:14:58 EDT

Yes, I put 2002 Durango bucket seats in my 91. You can use the Gen I/II
Dakota seat tracks on the newer buckets. All you have to do is slightly
elongate the holes (maybe an 1/8 inch or so) to fit the bolts in. The
hardest part is on the floor. Once the tracks are on the seats you will
have to mark the floor where they will need to mount. For the back mounts I
drilled holes in the floor and welded nuts in these spots so I could put a
bolt through there. In the front I moved the threaded clips over one hole
on the outer side. On the inside mount I had to weld a section to the
floor, because the floor is too low. However, some Gen IIs have a factory
welded mount that goes the full way across (my 94 is like this) and would
therefore not need the inner sections welded. Hope this helps.

David