RE: BBQ Over - Home SAFE!

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 21:39:58 EDT

Home again after another meet.
It was great to finally meet Bob and Susan and to see the immaculately
detailed DAKSY and to meet Walt and Ingrid and look over Walt's well
built '88 Dak.

Thanks to Jon, Milt, and Linda for your hospitality and willingness to
put up with shenanigans for another year.

Mike (I hate double cardan joints) Maskalans has another confirmed kill.
Now the kill flags can be painted on the fenders of TWO trucks.

Now the clean-up begins.
First go-around with the power washer this morning to get the big and
obvious chunks off. This afternoon the mud-terrains came off, the
suspension in each corner got a thorough flush and all fittings greased.
Dropping the skid plates and the side steps, and maybe removing the
front bumper will come later. The only seriously tweaked item is the
trailer wiring socket. After falling too far behind the lead truck, I
missed a turn at an intersection Friday evening. I spotted tail lights
too late to make the turn and had to back up. Backing hard into a mud
bank will crack the socket cover, fill the socket with adobe, and
somehow bend it into a vertical oval. Makes it difficult to insert the
trailer plug. The plug designers never anticipated the need to provide a
taper to the first half-inch of the plug for this kind of abuse.