Re: RE: Get up and go?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 01:10:08 EDT

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004 00:17:49 -0400, valentingar@msn.com ("Valentin
Garcia") wrote:
>Where can I get more information on gearing? How will a change in gearing
>affect my mpg? Vendors? Thanks.

A numerically higher gear ratio will give you better performance off
the line for sure. It's also great for towing, but I don't know if
that's something that you do. Generally, it will cause your mileage
to go down because the engine will be turning higher RPMs to go the
same speed.

Another thing to keep in mind with gear swaps is that you'll have to
swap the front and rear if you have a 4x4. If you don't, then it's
not such a big deal.

-Bill