Re: Re: Re: Home from the BBQ at last

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 14:42:42 EDT

<Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com> wrote in message

> You would think, but like I said before, 1/8" steel brackets and
skidplates
> just aren't strong enough for off-road use. I wasn't working it that hard
but I
> did bang it on more than a few rocks. The front skidplate, which I bought
from
> Trailmaster, got all beat up and yet the 1/4" thick plate that I made, and
that
> spans over 50", is exactly as I mounted it (plus a few scratches). It's
not
> bent or dented. The Trailmaster one spans an area of only 18" and is
completely
> caved in.

That's wild. I can't beleive that they'd actually sell something that
flimsy. I take it that most people who lift their vehicles don't really do
all that much real offroading with them, or else they'd have improved the
kit by now. I'm also suprised that you didn't bend that skidplate at all,
you were laying on it when you attempted the falls after mike's breakdown.

> Yea, it's raining here and there is a huge mud puddle in the parking lot
under
> my truck. It's all oozing down the sides. Looks great!

I'm sure it does, and I bet that mark will be on the parking lot for quite a
while.

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L