Re: Re: Re: Home from the BBQ at last

From: Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 14:18:04 EDT

In article <ce8kgo$uq$1@bent.twistedbits.net>, jbattles@bankfinancial.com
("Josh Battles") writes:

> Interesting. It seems your earlier description of "Traildisaster"
> suspension was rather appropriate. I'm suprised that you've had this much
> trouble with it. It should be able to take the kind of (ab)use that you
> gave it at the BBQ, correct?

You would think, but like I said before, 1/8” steel brackets and skidplates
just aren’t strong enough for off-road use. I wasn’t working it that hard but I
did bang it on more than a few rocks. The front skidplate, which I bought from
Trailmaster, got all beat up and yet the 1/4” thick plate that I made, and that
spans over 50”, is exactly as I mounted it (plus a few scratches). It’s not
bent or dented. The Trailmaster one spans an area of only 18” and is completely
caved in.

> Did the guys at work like all the mud?

Yea, it’s raining here and there is a huge mud puddle in the parking lot under
my truck. It’s all oozing down the sides. Looks great!

Walt
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.Com