RE: Water entry problem on '02 Dakota C/C

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (gcouriel@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 17:12:48 EDT

hey brad, i'm in the South Florida (Miami) area also. i had the identical
problem with my truck when it was relatively new, so maybe i can shed some
light on the situation.

first off, what dealership are you taking the truck to? this may have a lot
to do with how quickly your problems will be resolved.

secondly, check inside the cowl (means you have to remove it). what you are
looking for is at the ends of the cowl, namely the water escape. Some
trucks come with a plastic stopper at the end (i don't know why), which can
get stopped up with leaves (which is what happened to mine). if that's the
case, then remove the stoppers, because they really don't do anything but
give water a chance to get into the cab.

also, don't park under trees that release a lot of leaves, as those will
collect and block off the exits.

Gabriel Couriel