Re: project broken'kota, day somethingsomething

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Thu Jul 29 2004 - 04:58:07 EDT

this is mostly for the benefit of those who were at the BBQ and have a
bit of background on my project. for those out of the loop, I'm in the
midst of swapping a D60 rear (which may actually be a Sterling 10.25")
and D44HD front under my '98 CC.

-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-

I'm tired and want to go to sleep, therefore this will be short:

Jon just plasma cut just about the whole trans/link mount for me, and
I'm going to hopefully get that welded up tomorrow.

I'm also aiming to finish my full fluid change in the ramcharger (still
needs rear diff, which requires further hitch modification to get the
diff cover off and transmission) and replace it's water pump before I
head back up to Rochester.

You already know that I've got springs and brakes on the way, I now
also have joints and bushings for my suspension links on the way.
After looking at my coil buckets this morning, and how they'll need to
be mounted to the frame, the simplicity of coilovers is starting to
overpower their cost in my eyes. I'll see what I think about that when
I have springs in hand next week.

I guess I'm house sitting starting saturday, so it'll be day trips down
here when I have the chance rather than daily full shifts for a week.

still on the to-buy list are link tubing, some flat stock for tabs, and
lots and lots of hardware (nuts/bolts/washers, brake lines and
fittings). also for the rear, bushings for the new spring hangar and
shackle.
still on the to-engineer list is steering.
still on the to-build list are link mounts in the axle, the links,
finishing the frame link mount/trans mount crossmember and the panhard
bar and links. also for the rear, spring hangars and shackles.

today was a productive day. tomorrow I leave for the weekend and
change. unfortunate that departure and progress align so well.

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife