Re: broken'kota update

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Sat Jul 31 2004 - 03:28:31 EDT

On Jul 30, 2004, at 13:50, Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.Com wrote:

> I know you have an axle and are waiting on coils, coil towers and
> various
> brake parts. Since now you are considering a coil suspension vs. your
> original
> plan to do a leaf spring setup, how are you doing on the track bar,
> radius arms
> or links, C-Bushings (if your using radius arms), shock, track bar and
> radius
> arm brackets along with various steering linkages and ends?

I'm basically copying Tom Buban's pseudo-wristed arm setup
(4wheelair.com, click on gallery at the top). bushings and heims are
on their way. I need to get steel for the links, and once I have the
heims I can design their mounting tabs. not sure if I'll need to bend
the panhard to clear the pan or not, but I should be able to do that on
Jon's pipe bender as long as I'm careful. Steering is still a bit of a
question mark along with exact coil mounting plans - I'll know better
once the axle is under the truck.

> I assume your
> going to have the front driveshaft made.

hopefully can rework the existing shaft, but basically yeah.

> Are you finalized on a plan or are you
> still shooting off the cuff? What else are you going to need? Anything
> you need
> help locating?

not unless someone has a line on cheap coilovers

--
Michael Maskalans         <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dak/>
'98 Dakota CC 4x4 318               '84 RamCharger 4x4 360