Sheesh..Anyone Parting a Gen 1/2?

From: Travis Bailey (dusterrt@msn.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 14:33:56 EDT

I've been needing new belt strips for my truck ever since I got it. Mine
are THE worst that I have EVER seen and they look like POO! The stealer
wants $120 for the pair. Yikes. I was thrilled yesterday when I found a
yard that had an '89 with a good set, and would pull them for me for $25. I
dropped in today to see if they are ready.

"Nope, can't get them off, we have to drop the glass to get them and it's
not worth it for us for $25."

"I have my own tools in my truck, can I just snag them myself and pay $25
anyway?"

"No, sorry, can't let you do that, we can't risk you breaking the glass."

Gee, thanks.

A tangent that kinda irks me off..their sister yard across town (pick it
yourself yard) which I checked first didn't have any, they are a fairly
large yard but they wouldn't let me drive to the truck section, because of
people stealing stuff. Imagine my opinion of the staff when I get about 50
feet from the office and see 3 or 4 other people driving their trucks around
there while pulling parts..I will be happy when I look old.

Anyway..anyone got a good pair they want to part with?

Travis (21 going on 16 apparently)
'92 Dakota 5.2 4x4