Re: OT: Trade it or eat it?

From: Aaron Wyse (awyse@sw.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 19:33:45 EDT

----- Original Message -----
From: "droo" <03dakotaCC4.7_4x4@comcast.net>
To: <dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net>
Sent: Wednesday, August 04, 2004 4:33 PM
Subject: Re: DML: OT: Trade it or eat it?

> On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 22:00:34 -0500, Gary Hedlin <garyhedlin@sbcglobal.net>
> wrote:
>

> > First thing I would do is hop on kelly blue book and see what's the
truck
> > worth. If it's worth less than what you owe, you're pretty much
screwed.
> > If you can sell it to pay the loan off, I would do that. Even if you
> > have to fork over $2-300 to pay it off, it's worth it when you won't
have
> > that nightmare on your shoulders.
> >

> I'd also like to add the getting rid of the veichile allows you to get rid
> of that insurance payment. So even if you have some of the loan to keep
> paying, at least you don't have that insurance.

Good point to him on the insurance; Paying whatever is left after selling
the truck off is still going to save in the long run. Between the insurance
and the damages to his credit.
I'm going through the same thing; trying to get a better job to pay things
off.. but with more and more employers checking credit; I think that's part
of the hold up.
Aaron W