Re: RE: The scoop

From: DodgeDe@cs.com
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 17:37:34 EDT

In a message dated 8/8/2004 4:29:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
andy-dml@levyclan.us writes:

> On 8/8/2004 4:21 PM, jon@dakota-truck.net wrote:
> | "Gabriel A. Couriel" <gcouriel@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> |
> | : actually, if you look at it, the scoop looks like it is misplaced (at an
> | : angle). also, it looks like the exhast is an attempt to look like
> one of
> | : those ricer exhaust's that are off on an angle.
> |

> | Yep, I believe you're right. Also, did anyone else notice that
> | this 5 speed (manual) truck lists a shift kit as one of the mods?
> | Ahhh yes, the elusive NV3500 shift kit. (because I really hate
> | when my manual vehicles don't shift when I want 'em to.) Actually,
> | I think I saw them for sale once in the ricer section of Autozone -
> | right between the synthetic blinker fluid and the muffler bearings...
> |
> | I suppose I could give it the benefit of the doubt and assume
> | they are talking about a Hurst shifter, but IMHO, the scoop,
> | duct tape intake and really silly exhaust routing put that
> | particular owner *deep* into a credibility deficit. ;-)
>
> This 2000 truck also wears V8 badges on the fenders - the badges were
> cut out after '99. But he could have gone down to the dealer, bought
> the badges &stuck them on himself.
>
> VIN checks out as being a 2000.
>
> - --
> - -andy

Maybe I shouldn't have shaved them off my 2000 R/T
After all that would make it "RARE" now wouldn't it?
9-)

Bill
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop
playing."
-George Bernard Shaw

00 cc R/T Hemi Orange w/shacker hood