Re: Road Master suspension

From: Greg (gsutinen@wi.rr.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 18:50:18 EDT

I got mine from Hitchestogo.com for my 2001 CC 4wd. I thought they sent me
the wrong ones from what I ordered. They sent me the MKII(XXDF) models which
have the heavy duty springs. I wrote them about the mix-up and they replied
that Roadmaster recommends them for the 4wd Daks as they are heavy enough
and too many people were complaining about the regular springs not cutting
it. They've since changed their website to show that model number for the
4wd Daks. I wrote to Roadmaster and they said they were right with what they
sent me and to just preload them to the thickness of a dime instead of a
quarter. It raised my backend about 1 1/2" and the ride is great. Empty it
doesn't do the side hop over expansion cracks or RR tracks anymore and it
just plain seems firmer as it really plants the tires down to the road.
Cornering is greatly improved also. My brother just put them on his '01 QC
4wd and loves them too. I haven't put anything heavy in back yet to see for
myself how they work, but my brother has a trailor hitch platfrom and we
both got on it and it only sagged the rear 1/2". That's 400 some pounds way
out passed the bumper. I would even put the setup on if I never planned on
hauling anything heavy. Just my .02.

Greg '01 CC 4wd 4.7 Auto