RE: Re: fuel pump

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 17 2004 - 14:06:31 EDT

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net On Behalf Of JAMES KNOX
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2004 11:42 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Re: fuel pump

If the frame was bent to a great extent, that a new frame is required
with
the transfer of all body components. In my humble opinion , it would be
better to write off the truck and invest in another one.

Taken from experience.

Been there!

Here is a link to an archive entry from August 2002 about my frame
replacement.
Read it then judge.

http://archives.dakota-truck.net/0208/0118.html

Granted, in my case it was two years old and 30K miles.

In NYS, the limit is 75% of the vehicles assessed value at the time of
the accident. Above that, totaling the vehicle is a given.

Most (pretty much all) adjusters will stop at 65% due to the subjective
nature of the guestimate process. Aftermarket accessories can raise the
assessed value.

If Bill really wants the truck repaired, why not?

Most good body shops can do this and the truck will be fine.