Re: Re: smog info

From: Barry (barrysuperhawk@insightbb.com)
Date: Fri Aug 20 2004 - 10:57:57 EDT

This brings up a question, I remember from previous posts that your O2
sensor can have a drastic effect on your gas mileage. I also vaguely
recall something being said about the service life of an O2 sensor being
roughly 60k miles.
   History: My truck has 98k on it, and get's crappy mileage, but has no
codes. At 60k, I had new cap/rotor/plugs/wires done, and also had the TB
cleaned and the new intake gasket done.
   My actual question is this: are O2 sensors like the other wear items in
your truck [change every xx miles] or "run 'em 'til they break" like an
alternator. I just spent $35 to fill up my truck last night, so I am
thinking about fuel efficiency [but not enough to go buy a geo..]
99,5.2,4x4,bone stock motor save for a K&N drop in and a mopar catback. I
don't have smog testing here, but might be moving to a place that does [STL]...

Thanks.

--
          -Barry

"Life is a tragedy for those who feel and a comedy for those who think" -fortune cookie

DML: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/Rb@6EE4xQAF2k/ Superhawk: http://barrysuperhawk.home.insightbb.com