Comp Cams 1.7 RR clearance?

From: werlax@hotmail.com
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:15:40 EDT

I'm just wondering if someone has direct experience with Comp Cams 1.7 RRs?
I used a 2x4 on the stock valve covers to flatten the baffles and placed
them back on. They seated decently, but it seems that the size of the
rockers is causing the sides of the covers to hit. I slid the covers from
left to right (when facing the engine) and it seems that the rockers are
hitting inside the cover when bolt holes are aligned. Maybe it's just a
matter of having to run the engine to get the lifters set properly, but it
seems that there is very little clearance. Does this seem right?
Mark