Re: power sterring pump update (kinda long)

From: Josh Battles (josh@omg-stfu.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 15:47:01 EDT

""ffastje"" <ffastje@cox.net> wrote in message

> So I took the Truck to the dealer to day drop it off at 700 am they call
at
> 930 am central time we don't see anything wrong well I ask nicely to
please
> check again. get a call at work 1230pm well the pump is bad the warranty
> company is going to replace that. Also had them check the belly pan gasket
> guess what? that was bad also. no really maybe that's why I asked them to
> check it warranty covered but they don't cover fluids what? or the bolts
for
> the pan also they need to change the oil for the belly pan gasket does
this
> sound right just changed it last tue. Does any of this sound right ? well
> they just called the pulley tensioner is bad also 930 nothing wrong 5
mins.
> ago all the things I thought were wrong are! $117.00 for the pulley
> tensioner that seems outrageous going to start looking for one right now
if
> I can just save a couple bucks today I guess it wont be such a bad day
sorry
> so long sorry for the rant.

Wow, sorry to hear that they tried to give you the run around like that, but
I'm glad you didn't take no for an answer. I can see that changing the oil
would be required after a job like replacing the belly pan. There's the
possibility that some airborne contaminants made their way into the oil or
something like that, perhaps even some misc debris when they took the
manifold off.

<nazi>
punctuation is more important than you're giving it credit for.
</nazi>

--
- Josh
Lowered 2000 Dakota CC 3.9L