Re: valve body won't install - help

From: Michael Maskalans (dml@tepidcola.com)
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 04:44:37 EDT

On Aug 25, 2004, at 02:11, eischens@mchsi.com wrote:

> Help! Have the valve body out so that the hubby could get transgo
> shift kit
> installed. That part went without a hitch and I am up a creek w/o a
> paddle.
> Can not get the thing to go into the 99 dakota. Basically fell out
> when
> pulling apart I am absolutely confused. Need some guidance from some
> one.

like I said off-list:
just make sure that everything is lined up and it should slide right
in. As I recall you need to line up a solenoid w/ spring on the
passenger side and the shift shaft on the driver's side, forward. If
you can be any more detailed on what's hanging it up, that would be
helpful.

If worst comes to worst, throw me a couple bucks for my ATF and I'll
pull mine and document it going back in. the Dak is on the hoist after
all.....

--
Mike Maskalans            <http://mike.tepidcola.com/dodge/>
'84 RamCharger Daily Driver       '98 Dakota under the knife