Re: SAS update

From: Jason Bleazard (dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 11:33:56 EDT

On Fri, August 27, 2004 1:38 am, Michael Maskalans said:

> wish PINE was a little better at looking at IMAP folder structures and
> unread message counts therein.... (as I head into OT territory....)

Are you using a terminal session or something? Have you tried mutt? It
seems to be the console e-mail program of choice. I can't say if it works
any better or worse than pine, but I do know it's more difficult to
configure. The rabid hordes of mutt advocates would run screaming to its
defense, but I still maintain that I have a lot more trouble getting mutt
set up than I do pine. From what I've heard, once you have it configured,
you can do just about anything with it that you want to.

My favorite IMAP client for Windows is Mozilla Thunderbird. YMMV.