Differences between stock and MP lifters?

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 10:01:15 EDT

Are there any significant differences between the two lifters
when running at revs between 5500 and 6000?

I've got two MP lifters that seem to let the oil flow through
differently from the others? I won't know exactly what is what
until I remove the intake manifold (M1-4bbl). They may be collapsed
a little?

I still have my stock lifters with maybe two years of use and very
little use on the track. I have two extra MP lifters that came with
the RT cam but have never been used.

If I happen to find more lifters with the same problem, what effect
will I most likely get if I decide to put the stock ones in? Time
constraint is my major problem. I'll be missing a points bracket
race today and there are only 4 left, with 2 running next weekend :-(

The stock and MP lifters look identical and I gather from the archives
that the MP one may be about .5g lighter.

Thanks for any input.
Bob