Adding Power Windows/Locks and Alarm

From: James Calder (jCalder3@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Sun Aug 29 2004 - 23:00:59 EDT

I gathered all the parts needed to add power windows/lock and an alarm to my
'93 Dakota and have a few questions hopefully someone with this kind of
experience can help me with:

1. I need to get the rod that goes from the Lock Actuator to the Linkage Rod
(called the Solenoid Linkage Rod). There's a plastic rod retaining clip on
the actuator. Is there also one for the other end of the Solenoid Linkage
Rod?

2. Regarding wiring for the alarm, I assume these trucks use Reverse
Polarity Door Lock Wiring where the switches control the actuators directly
(no relays involved) since I didn't see any relays called "Door Locks" in
the PDC, correct?. The only other options are Negative Trigger Doorlock
Wiring and Positive Trigger Doorlock Wiring but these have separate relays.

3. In one place in the manual it stated that Reverse Polarity Door Lock
Wiring needed an external relay added but the wiring diagram didn't show an
added external relay. Perhaps the "brain" has an intigrated relay for this?

4. Has anyone wired a system to be able to unlock the driver side with first
press then passenger side with second press of the remote? The alarm manual
seems to indicate that it can only be done with Negative Trigger Doorlock
Wiring and Positive Trigger Doorlock Wiring.

5. Input source for dome light illumination, 12 volt source or ground? I
thought it would be a 12 source but since it's controlled by the door pin
also, it made me wonder if there's a continuous 12 supply and the circuit is
completed by the door pin grounding when the door opens. In that case would
the dome light illumination source be chassis ground?

6. Negative or Positive Type Door Switch? Negative type Door Switch reads
ground when the door is opened and 12 volts when all doors are closed.
Positive is the opposite.

The alarm system is an On-Guard CS-2003DCII Crime Stopper.

I know this stuff can be figured out by my own testing but I'm just trying
to save a few steps.

Thanks for any help,
James