Gauges (trans, oil, etc.) & Pods

From: Robert Meredith (rmeredith@pa.net)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 22:22:06 EDT

I have a new '04 QC 4.7 Auto. I'd like to add some real gauges to this
things - and am thinking of a couple things as of now. I'd appreciate any
comments/suggestions you can give.

I would like to install 2 or 3 gauges on the pillar. I'm thinking of trans
temp, oil pressure, and maybe a third (not sure - any suggestions?).

What gauges pods are you guys using & which ones do you like? My pillars
are a light grey color & have the o'sh!t handles. Which pods will work the
best with this setup? I'm guessing there are some that replace the entire
column cover. How do these attach? Do they use the bolts that hold the
o'sh!t handle on?

If I can't find a pillar pod that will look *really* nice, I'm only going to
add a trans temp gauge in the area where the airbag switch is in the non QC
models (little hole beside the glove box).

As for hooking the gauges up... I'm planning to use a manifold T on the
tranny line. On the 545RFE, which line coming out of it is the outgoing?
Top or bottom?

If I can do an oil pressure gauge - where can I hook it up? Where is the
sender for the PCM? I guess I could just T this and install another at the
same place?

Any information you guys can give on sizes, locations, etc., I'd appreciate.
I'm guessing the tranny lines are 3/8" diameter?

-robert