Re: Check Engine Light & Code P0442

From: Josh & Amy (joshrh@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 23:22:04 EDT

  I'm going through the same thing on my 2001 2500 &
from what I've found it seems to be a common problem
for the rams and there is a TSB on it.

(http://dodgeram.info/tsb/2001/25-004-01.htm)

I checked all the vacume lines and evap stuff and
everything looks ok but it still pops the code. Today
I pulled the gas cap apart (figured I couldn't mess it
up anymore) and there was a bunch of junk around the
seal and the springs were rusty. I cleaned everything
real good and put it back together and if the light
goes out I'll know to get a new cap, if not I guess
I'll have my EVAP system tested. If you get yours
figured out let me know how.

   Josh